How to make a shield to go back in time and save your lesbian girlfriend
so if your pink haired friend just died and you wanna go stop her from becoming meguca, here’s a tutorial on how to do so!
-styrofoam balls (two small ones and one bigger one)
-multiple grits(?) of sanding paper
-a compass (with dull, preferably flat lead)
-silver and gold paint
-foam board (idk if that’s what you call it but it’s like a slab of foam with paper?? I bought it at the dollar store tho so it’s not hard to find)
-a cutter/knife (not scissors cuz they bend and tear the foam board really bad)
-a pill bottle (or a soda cap might work?)
1. measure to see how big you wanna make ur portable time machine, allowing a bit of extra room around the edges for the outer ring, then draw a circle on your foam board. it’s okay if the edges arent perfect cuz we’re gonna cover up your failure later with the ring
2. paint it with your sparkly silver paint as you cry about your life. you only gotta do the side you want showing cuz nobody cares about the back. congrats you have a pretty lookin circle now
3. select your three different balls and use a giant freakin knife to cut them almost in half. I say almost because when you cut them the styrofoam does this really weird thing when it splits and makes holes on the bottom of the balls and it just looks messy. you also don’t wanna use both halves of one of the smaller balls because then they’d be all uneven and I’m pretty sure the balls have holes on one half. don’t use that half.
4. go outside and sand them down all nice to the center line. it’s okay if there are giant holes in the middle from cutting as long as there aren’t any on the edges
5. go back in and paint them gold. if you were a wuss and wanted to use spray paint lemme tell ya it’ll melt the styrofoam just like your heart when you saw meduka. Don’t make your balls like your heart. Use acrylics.
6. use the opening of your pill bottle or whatever to trace the S shaped lines on the balls with a pen. Be careful because if you mess up you’ll have to reset the entire timeline again jfc so be sure your bottle is exactly the right size. You should have various sized bottles cuz you rly need meds after destroying the universe and everything
7.your balls are complete! congrats to u. but now we’re gonna ignore the inner decorations and make the outer ring. Measure out whatever you want it to be and make it like an inch or so thick. We’re gonna be giving it tonsa angles. Trace it onto your wood
8. Cut out the ring and attempt to rough out the angles. I kept the inner part mostly flat, then made it slope up to make a point at the very top, then made the outside mostly round and then slope back in at the bottom. idk if that made any sense but I’ll put up pictures if you want. basically just do whatever looks good to you because there’s no right way to do this part. her shield references are really inconsistent. :/
9. go outside with your laptop and a crapload of sanding paper and load up Rebellion cuz this is gonna take a really long time. Sand your ring until you like it and it’s as sharp and edgy as your personality. Flip your hair when you’re done.
10. after watching yourself become the devil, go back inside and paint the ring you just spent your whole life on. hopefully you sanded it well enough that the paint isn’t all bumpy like your relationship with your girlfriend. you don’t have to do the entire inside of the ring or the bottom and yer gonna find out why in a sec
11. measure how thick and how far in you want the base of your shield to go and carve out a little ridge on the bottom of the ring so the bottoms of both are level. don’t glue them in yet though cuz you still got stuff to do.
12. print out this thing and get it to as close to your shield as possible:
13. take out your old foam board again and trace out the two swirly whatchamahoos onto it. You can do a few test ones if you want I don’t care. cut them out with your knife (don’t cut yourself no matter how tempting) and see if they fit in all nice and snug on your shield. Mine didn’t, so I had to cut off some of the bottom to fit better.
14. Paint them all nice, and don’t forget the edges! this is the last time you’re gonna be painting I promise
15. take your compass and your template and measure out how you want the circle design and the two other weird lines on it to be. I didn’t want to draw the details on, so I just used the flat lead on the compass to make indentations (and the shields already silver so it’s not like it’ll make any noticeable marks) Just so you know the two arches aren’t making a perfect eyeball shape so figure out their placements separately. I just kinda eyeballed where the lines started and ended and tried to figure out where to put the compass a zillion times. Also when you’re making indentations you should kinda angle the lead because I had mine flat and it kept catching and made these weird uneven bumps >: After going over the lines a few times to make them deeper (which you should do nonetheless) they were less noticeable.
16. wow that step was long. Now cut out the little diamond-ish swooshes coming out of the smaller balls and connecting to the big one. Really you only need to cut out one. Place it on the shield relative to the other stuff and use a pen to draw over all of the lines. The pressure should indent the design on the shield. You can go over it a few times with a sharper object since the lines are smaller, but try not to make it *too sharp* (I used a mechanical pencil and even then tried to make it pretty light) You also might need to extend the design a bit more and that’s fine cuz I had to do that and I really doubt anyone will care
17. Now your designs are all done! take ur awesome wood glue and glue the ring onto the shield, then clamp it and give it like a day to dry (you only need half an hour, but it says you need to wait 24 hours before putting pressure on the joints and you don’t want it to break like your soul. jk you don’t have a soul you’re a magical girl
18. once you got your base done, place all the extra crap back on and glue that. chances are you were a failure and some glue leaked out from under so just use a damp towel to wipe it off. Give that a couple hours too.
19. Haha I lied you gotta paint again. Touch up the paint wherever you messed up or where you can see where you wiped the glue away. You don’t need much to cover it up so don’t sweat it. You might need to tilt it to see where all the wiped off glue is so be sorta thorough when you look so you don’t miss anything. You can also weather the paint but idk how to do that and I didn’t feel like it. Besides it looks weathered enough imo
20. Take two strips of velcro that go around your arm and place them on the back of the shield. Try it on and cut off any extra, but most importantly check if it stays
Now you’re done!!! Put it on and do a few test hairflips, and then go off to stop Meduka from becoming god!!